mardi 17 juillet 2007

Update #2

Day 8- Venezia, Italy 08/07/2007

-woke up with a cold
-very hot day!
-we wanted to go to the beach, the bus was not coming...
-we decided to try hitchhicking (faire du pouce)...personne ne voulais de nous donc nous avons marcher...he he
-info, decouvert quil ny q pas de plage proche....
-retourner au camping ground by foot (located out of nowhere!!!)
-decided to spend a relax day in the pool on the site (good cause wasnt feeling too good...)
-fell asleep and woke up with a HUGE sunburn...great!! Brad was laughing at me, of course.
-grocery store, finaly saw some Italians (that worked there) and of coursem they had to flirt with me (suposevly, they LOVE canadians....I was abble to witness that!)
-did messages (with Aloe Verra this time..he he)
-talked the night away

Day 9- Roma, Italy 09/07/2007

-preped, breakfast, put aloe verra
-took train in dirrection of Roma!
-decided not to reserve and just hop on, Brad s genious idea, speak french and act dumd.......didn t work...had to pay 19E each or get kicked out....we paid the guy.
-first impression of Roma, lots of traffic & scootters & lots of pollution!
-finally arrived to our camping ground, beauty! (but trasportation is really bad...)
-set up in tent, met people from New Zealand (?)
-dodo

Day 10- Roma, Italy 10/07/2007

-breakfast
-went to go see the Vaticano!
-lots of people & very hot
-started to visit the Basilica (church). My day pack snaped and fell on the ground.....had a jar of nutella in there..you can imagine. Huge noise in the church, bottle of water cracked open, nutella all over me, thousands of people staring.....thank you Lord!
-after washing everything up, told what happened to Bradm cause of course he wasnt there to help me when it happenned! He was just upset about losing our Nutella.....lol
-par la suite, nous avons visiter toutes les tombes des anciens Papes....endroit un peu trop touristique...
-monter les 350 marches de la Coupola - a la fin les marches sont TRES etroites et croches!
-ete voir la Castel St-Angelo (juste de loin)
-we met the Pope, shook his hand, had a cup of tea with him.... ha ha Yeah right!!
-decided to get lost in the city, saw lots of other attractions arround & sculptures
-retour au camping, ecouter un chanssonier
-Brad went to the pool, I read a book near. The guys in the same tub as Brad started to talk to me, wanted me to go in the tub with them. Said no but they were still flirting (have to say they were pretty hot....lol) Of course, Brad wanted to have some attention as well... so he got out of the tub and came to talk to me, grabed his towel close to me and we left together just like that. The other guys were stunt, we had a good laugh.
-dodo!

Day 11- Roma, Italy 11/07/08

-went to go see the Colosseo (Collisium), were there use to be Gladiators! Was very interesting!
-met 2 girls from Poland, visited with them. Loved that place!
-visiter l Areo di Tito, ce sont des ruines des debuts de Rome, le Palais Royale des anciens Romains
-nous avons arreter a la Coloma Traiana, appris beaucoup d histoire sur la ville
-diriger vers la fameuse Fontana del Tritone. Plein de gens! Lancer des cennes pour nous permettre de revenir a la maison sain et sauf, c est la legende! (donc ne vous inquietez pas trop pour nous!! he he)
-de retour au camping, ecouter le chanssonier.
-When we stayed in Rome, the Euro Soccer Cup was happening, and all the soccer teams from Europe stayed at the same place as us! I met plenty of new people! Brad went to bed early that night. I stayed up with my new friends, the German Star Soccer Team. We had so much fun!! Learned new words (not all good I must say...Philipp you will def have a good laught when Ill say them...lol) So I went out to the bar with them. Had a blast!
-HAD MY FIRST FULL BEER EVER!! ha ha The German guy told me he would take it as an insult if I wasnt taking it....dont want to insult a German with a beer here! lol I was satisfied with one.. just to say I had my first beer in Italy with a bunch of Germans. Was worth it!
-Went to bed at 5h a.m.

Day 12- Roma, Italy 12/07/2007

-Woke up at around 8h a.m. (with only 3 hours of sleep)
-Looked around, all of Brads stuff was gone, and him as well.... I was a bit confused...
-Saw a note on his bed that said something about him wanted to try traveling on his own. We talked before about that, saying it would be fun since you do the stuff you want whenever you want...but nothing too seriously. I guess our perceptions about this trip where not the same cause I have to admit that we certainly felt like obligated to follow each other at a certain point. It was not satisfying both our needs.
-I was kind of wondering if he was mad at me for not going to bed at the same time he did the night before...whatever it was, I wasnt going to know before we see each other again on the plane leaving from Madrid on the 31st of July.
-I have to say that stressed me a bit. We had planed to leave Rome that morning to go to a small town near, to do some hiking. We decided not to book any hostel since our idea was to camp along the way (we bought a tent together). But when Brad left, he took the tent with him, thinking I was going to find a hostel I beleive.
-so with a bit of thinking, I decided the best was to stay one more night in Rome cause all other hostels in the other towns where booked.....have to say it was pretty last minute to book a hostel.
-searched for hostels in Genova for the day after (only place available in Italy). Zent dozn to the train station to book the reservation. After all that, I was really releived and less stressed.
-met a guy from USA (Adam), chat and ate together, very cool and nice guy!
-we then met other people from Canada(Toronto) and from Australia. Had a really god time all together. The party was at our place (Adam lived right beside me).
-we all went to the bar on site. Hung out with the German soccer team again and we all danced like crazy people. We all had soooo much fun!
-when the sun started to show (yep, morning already....) me and Adam chatted for a bit longer, surprisingly not tired. We seriously felt like we ve known each other for ever! Crazy!
-we fell asleep there for a bit, till the birds woke us up...lol
-I then realised I would have an amazing time traveling alone.

Till next time!

4 commentaires:

Palmer a dit...

A BEER?!?!

Anonyme a dit...

I would LOVE to have a LARGE German Beer!!!

Pollcrazy a dit...

you've been dating Ryan all this time and you've only now had a beer,lol!

Yum. Polish women!

have a blast!

Andréane a dit...

Jeune alcoolique..