vendredi 20 juillet 2007

Genova

Day 13 - Genova, Italy 13/07/2007

-woke up
-said bye to friends from Roma
-the bus was late of 1h1/2... missed my train.... waited, got an other one
-sat in the 1st class section without knowing, got kicked in the 2nd class one..HA!
-met guy from La Spazia, had a good chat.
-when that guy left, an other one came and talk to me.. he was a FREAK!!!! He was only speaking Italian but I knew I didnt want to be around him too long. He was saying stuff translating into :you, me, now, why not?? FREAK!! He was always staring at me and asking me for my phone number.... Was glad when I notice he didnt got off at the same stop as me...
-I took the bus to the hostel. Everyone was looking at me weird... like EVERYONE! I still don,t know why.... I supose they dont have a lot of backpackers going their way, kind of true. I just didnt really feel welcome there...
-The Hostel was, of course, on the top of a hill...like always. But this one was uge!!!
-Met a Canadian girl, Lisa, (from Ottawa) We decided to go downtown to have a peace of pizza (it was 9h30 at night, but its normal to go for diner at that time in Europe.) Explored the city.
-Went back to hostel, Dodo time!


Day 14 -Genova, Italy 14/07/2007

-woke up since people where VERY loud in room. 6h a.m (older people of course!)
breakfast was included: a bun and jam, Super!!
-went to get a bit of groceries for the day, went to reserve my train for the next day
-walked by the post, very beatiful, but smelled fishy... he he
-A guy started to talk to me (Daniel), he came from Africa and was now working at the Genova port. Had a chat and showed me around the city. Went to the UGE aquarium there.. saw sharks and pinguins! Since he worked at the port, he had free food in some places in town, so he bought me a Kebab (kind of pita, pretty good!)
-Town was pretty nice. He brought me to that CD place, listnen to some, searched for some EuroBeats... Brought me to a place where there was free internet, did some hostel booking.
-I bought the book The Da Vinci Code (why not, after all, Im in Europe! Best time to read it!
-Walked downtown, saw a instrumental concert in the streets, ate an ice cream.
-Met some of Daniels friends. They were going out, but my hostel had a curfew and the buses where not running after 12h... (Hostel REALLY far from downtown)
-Decided to be good and have a good night sleep before heading to France the next day.
-The streets were packed with prostitutes... Walked back home since it was still early enough.
-Read a couple of chapters from my new book, went to bed.

2 commentaires:

Palmer a dit...

"Everyone was looking at me weird... like EVERYONE! I still don,t know why...."

It was the Canadian Flag sewn onto your backpack! ha ha.

Andréane a dit...

Tu pogne meme a l'autre bout du monde! Ok j'avoue tu pourrais pogner mieux que des freak.. lol